Washstation Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy on this payment system. Please read this Privacy & Cookie Statement carefully so that you understand how we collect and use your personal data.
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use our site, purchase our goods and services, subscribe to a mailing list, search for a product, email favorite products or compared products using the website form, interact through webchat or request more information and when you report a problem with our site or a service or operational issue. The information you give us may include:
- your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, payment details, such as credit card or bank account details your responses to surveys relevant details about the company or business you work for, and business sector you operate in.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- any login information
- details entered into any form submission
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- browser versions
- operating system and platform
- device and device types
Information about your visit:
- including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- products you viewed or searched for
- page response times
- download errors
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- methods used to browse away from the page
- any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information we receive from other sources.
We collect most information from you directly as explained above however we may also collect information from publicly accessible sources e.g. Companies House or directly from a third party. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies). They may provide the information collected when you visit our sites or otherwise as set out above.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To make searches about you or your business/ organisation at credit reference agencies. The agencies may record details of searches whether or not we agree to enter into an agreement with you. We may use credit-scoring methods to assess whether or not to enter into an agreement. The information may also be used for identity verification, debtor tracing, to prevent money laundering and to help without credit-risk and fraud prevention activities.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner.
- For our marketing purposes.
- We would like to contact you by email about goods and services that we provide that we think you may be interested in and where we have a legitimate interest to do so. We will only contact you by electronic means where we have your consent to do so. You can tell us to stop marketing you at any time.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information by email about other goods or services that we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we will only do this where we are satisfied that there is a legitimate interest to do so and we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Why we collect and use your information?
The law on data protection sets out a number of different legal grounds upon which organisations can rely to allow the collection and processing of personal data. We rely on the following as set out below.
In some cases we will specifically ask for your consent to process your data e.g. by ticking a box or confirming verbally that you consent. In these cases we will always clearly explain what we will do with your data and will keep a record of your consent.
In other cases, we will need to use your personal data to actually do what you are asking us to do and to perform our contract with you. E.g. to deliver a piece of equipment to you we will use your name and address and to provide a repair service we will pass details to our engineers.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers that we think will be of interest to you and your business. We will also use your address and phone number to contact you with direct marketing information by post and phone, telling you about products and services that we think may be of interest to you and your business.
We share your personal information with the following parties:
- With any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- With selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, delivery companies sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Website hosts and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the operation, improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your or your business’/ organisation’s credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you or your business/ organisation and to provide on-going details if you or your business/ organisation fails to pay on time or default under an agreement.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
When We'll Contact You:
We may use your personal information to send you updates by email or telephone about our products or services, promotions or new products or services.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations outside the group for marketing purposes.
Where do we store your personal data?
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, third party agencies (including app developers Wash Pal Ltd), service providers, representatives and agents as described above. (See above “Who we share your personal information with”)
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, and processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These transfers are subject to special rules under the applicable data protection laws as some non-EEA countries (such as the United States of America) do not have the same level of data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will ensure that any transfer to one of these countries complies with data protection law. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection “model” clauses that have been approved by the European Commission. If you would like further information please contact us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal information while you have a contract with us or we are providing products and services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to:
- respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf.
- show that we treated you fairly.
- keep you updated about new products and services that we think will be of interest to you and your business.
- keep records as required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge.
Access The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access).Rectification- The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.To be forgotten the right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations.
Restriction of processing - The right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data.
Data portability - The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations.
To object - The right to object: - at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); - in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact [email protected].
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Deleting your data.
Your personal data can be deleted at any time, either by visiting https://washnet.co.uk/en/edit-profile or in the "User profile" section of the Washnet app and follow the below steps
- In app or website, in user profile click on "Delete my account" button (at the bottom of the page).
- An email is sent to the registered email address associated with your account,with a deletion link which leads to the Washnet website.
- When the link is opened, you will need to enter the email address associated to your Washnet account to verify that it is the right account that needs to be deleted. A confirmation message is also displayed about what data will be deleted.
- When the email address is entered, confirmation code is sent to the registered email. User then enters the confirmation code on the website, clicks the "Delete account" button and only then the account is finally deleted.
What are cookies?
We may store so called “cookies” on your computer when you visit our website. This allows us to recognise your computer the next time you visit us. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie is specific to your computer and may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time you access our website and what parts of the website are visited. We collect the foregoing information to monitor the usage and usefulness of our website; we only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Collection and use of data.
We collect personal data when you provide it to us, through registration, completion of forms or e-mails, as part of an order for products or services, inquiries or requests or other situations in which you have chosen to provide information to us. Your data shall be processed for the purposes of realisation of any agreement, between you and Washstation, fulfilling a request from you for information or advice, meeting statutory or other legal requirements and providing an optimal service.
In no event will your personal data be transferred to other parties, which do not have an adequate level of protection, without your prior consent. Further, your personal data will only be provided to (or used on behalf of) third parties for direct marketing purposes after you have been offered the opportunity to previously object thereto.
Please be aware that our Privacy Statement does not apply to other websites.Please be aware that our Privacy Statement does not apply If you access any sites using a link on our website.Please be aware that our Privacy Statement does not apply if you link to our website from another website.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may have about our use of your information.
You can lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Registered company number 11984879
App & Website developers
Wash Mate Ltd.
Registered company number 44103107451
Last updated: December 22, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application refers to Washnet, the software program provided by the Company.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Washstation Ltd, Unit 9 Avenue Fields Industrial Estate Avenue Farm Stratford-Upon-Avon Warwickshire, CV37 0HT.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application or the Website or both.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Washnet, accessible from https://washnet.co.uk
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service's account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesAdministered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Type: Session Cookies
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesAdministered by: Us
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Functionality CookiesAdministered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Type: Persistent Cookies
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.